Patient guidelines for successful bone regeneration treatment:
- Apply cold packs after the surgical procedure to help reduce swelling.
- Only use pain medication prescribed by your dentist.
- Avoid brushing at the treatment site for the first two weeks.
- Rinse mouth with antibacterial mouthwash.
- Clean surrounding teeth with an extra-soft toothbrush.
- Avoid coffee, alcohol and cigarettes for two to three days after the procedure; this reduces the risk of secondary bleeding and encourages healing.
- Be diligent about your follow-up appointments with your dentist even if healing is proceeding without problems.
Heavy smoking and improper oral hygiene can significantly reduce the success of the therapy.
Follow the post treatment protocol established by your dentist.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.