Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is easy to handle compared to connective tissue grafts:
- Unlimited availability and consistent quality1
- Ready to use: no need for pre-treatment or pre-hydration1
- Can be applied in either a dry or wet state upon individual preference
- Excellent hydrophilicity: rapid hydration by patient’s own blood or sterile saline solution result in a volume increase of approximately 25%1
- Tailor to defect shape: measure the defect and trim the matrix to the required size, shape and thickness. Pre-wetting can be done with the patient’s own blood, you may also dampen with sterile saline solution, but do not fully hydrate the matrix1
- The hydrated matrix adapts to contours and adheres well to the defect1
- Can be easily sutured1
- Should be used as a submerged graft to increase soft-tissue thickness around natural teeth and implants1
- Unlike connective tissue grafts, Geistlich Fibro-Gide® does not require a second surgical site2-5
- Sanz M, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36(10): 868-76.
- Abundo R & Corrente G: Chirurgia plastica parodontale – Trattamento estetico delle recessioni gengivali. ACME Edizioni, 2010.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.