Geistlich Mucograft® Seal
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a collagen matrix specifically designed for soft-tissue regeneration in the management of intact extraction sockets. Its unique properties make it ideal for ridge preservation when combined with Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen®.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal minimizes resorption of the ridge following tooth extraction in sites with preserved alveolar buccal walls.1-3 Subsequent soft-tissue quality and maturation at 8-10 weeks allows greater flexibility in the timing of implant placement.4
- Faster wound healing1,2 and tissue integration2,3
- Natural color and texture adaptation1,3
- Simple application and shorter procedure times
- Ideal when paired with Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® for early implant placement
- Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® and Geistlich Mucograft® Seal preserve significantly more bone volume than spontaneous healing1
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal consists of two structures: the compact macro-structure provides stability while allowing open healing, and the spongy micro-structure that supports blood clot stabilization and ingrowth of soft-tissue cells.
1. Geistlich Mucograft® Seal Advisory Board Meeting Report, 2013. Data on file, Geistlich Pharma
AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
2. Jung R, et al.: J. Clin Periodontol 2013; 40(1): 90-98.
3. Thoma D, et al.: J. Clin Periodontol 2012; 39: 157-165.
4. Geistlich Mucograft® Seal report on the meeting of the Advisory Committee, 2013, data on file.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.