Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is a collagen membrane possessing the same biological properties as Geistlich Bio-Gide® with improved handling characteristics for periodontal procedures: the smoother upper surface slows the absorption of moisture and lengthens the time available for exact positioning into the defect. The firmer material facilitates trimming when dry, making it an optimal choice for guided tissue regeneration.
For additional information on Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio please review the Downloads section on the right hand side of this page.
- Guided tissue regeneration with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® leads to sustained increase in clinical attachment level gain and pocket depth reduction than open flap debridement alone1.
- Histologic studies show not only new cementum and bone formation, but also new periodontal ligament in intrabony defects treated with Geistlich biomaterials2.
- Slower uptake of moisture prolongs the time available for exact positioning of the material into the defect.
- Firmer material facilitates cutting when dry.
- Multiple sterile templates fit a wide range of periodontal defects.
Modified structure improves handling and sterilized templates for a wide range of defects.
Due to the modified material characteristics and convenient templates, Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is the optimal choice for periodontal regeneration.
1. Sculean A, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2007; 34(1): 72-77.
2. Ghezzi C, et al.: Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 2012; 32(4): 433-39.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.