Membrane Fixation System
The Precision Tack System is composed of titanium tacks and a set of instruments that allow quick, optimal application and simple fixation of the membrane.
- A normal sterilization cycle is required prior to utilization of the fixation tacks. A class B steam autoclave is recommended.
- It is not necessary to create a pin hole prior to insertion of the tacks as they are designed to penetrate and anchor effectively, even in very compact bone.
- Fixation tacks are equipped with a “harpoon“ that effectively secures them in the bone.
- The shape and structure of the tacks, manufactured with surgical grade titanium alloy, supports effective penetration and stability, even in mandibular bone.
- Tacks are easily removed due to the design of the underside of the tack head which facilitates grip during removal.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.